Monday, January 18, 2016

Let Freedom Ring



As part of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I listened to his "I Have a Dream" speech.  What caught my attention was the word, freedom and "Let freedom ring".   It got me thinking about how often we may celebrate or think about freedom.  We may think of it today as freedom in relation to the civil rights movement and justice.  We may celebrate it on the 4th of July as freedom from tyranny, and for our political and religious freedoms. 

Do we also take some time to think about, or maybe check in on, our own personal freedom?  Are we free?  Have we broken out of our prison cells, and removed the chains of fear, judgment, separation, selfishness, loneliness, neediness, indifference, lack, etc ?

Today I ask, Am I free?  If not, what is keeping me from being free?  A freedom that no country, community, society, religion, enemy or human power can take away or contain?

This freedom rings from all of our souls, thank God!



Ben
© 2016 Ben's Pebble

2 comments:

  1. You need a like button! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Good suggestion. I'm looking at other templates.

      Delete